Thursday, September 9, 2010

life after mold toxicity

It has been 10 months since the mold ordeal surfaced....7 months since we left our home. We live in a new home now that we absolutely love! We are getting our lives back together, slowly, but surely. We still have alot of concerns about health issues, but we feel very fortunate that we are able to lead "normal" lives, for the most part. We have chemical sensitivities, which is very common after toxic mold exposure. Certain chemicals like perfumes, hairsprays, bleach, cleaners, etc. can be very bothersome for us. We have switched to cleaning with straight vinagar, and I do nto wear perfumes and sprays anymore. We still have alot of skin issues. Lexi, now age 4.5, has had alot of trouble with her scalp. She tends to break out in a fungal infection on her scalp, which causes her hair to break off and thin out. If untreated, her hair begins to fall out. She has a special shampoo that she uses to control this problem. I recently found out that I have the same problem as well. We have alot of skin issues and tend to break out in lesions from tiem to time, after exposure to something. Recently, we were on vacation and went into a cave. The cave smelled of mold really badly. Within hours of being in the cave, we began to break out and itch all over. Lexi began loosing hair and having a fungus on her head. I started breaking out in hard nodules on my face, neck, and inside my ears. I have a toenail fungus that may never go away. We are hoping that in time, with supplements, shots, and probiotics, we can help to build our immune system back up and help to alleviate these symptoms. That is just something that only time will tell if we will have to deal with them forever, or if the will go away.
I am jsut happy to have my life back. I am happy to be out of that horrible place and be alive. I am happy to have a wonderful husband and two beautiful little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment