Wednesday, January 26, 2011

slowly letting go



I took a step today that was pretty hard to take. I went to the closet where I was storing some things that I just could not let go of, and I threw them away. I had them in the closet, bagged up so the mold spores were contained. I was not ready to let them go yet, but today, I did it. I did cry a little...and even now, if I think about it too much, it makes me sad. However, I have to remember that these things, are jsut things....just like all of the other THINGS that we have had to trash. It seems so silly, really, that I could not let go of these things....but they were the girls favorite stuffed toys that my girls had as babies. They were cuddle security objects that they held and loved on while they nursed. I know they are just stuffed toys, but they really do mean something to me. I threw away most of the kids stuffed toys when we origionally cleaned out the house....but these few were the ones that just tugged at my heart too much, and I just could not toss them into the dumpster. Looking at them and holding them brings me back to those early days of my girls lives. But, today, I prayed about it, and I was ready to take that next step. I snapped some photos of them, gave them a squeeze, and threw them in the trash. I did it. I think that is one of the last things that I was still holding onto from the mold house. Little by little, I can let go of all of that stuff. I may not have all of those things from when the girls were babies, but I do have my family....and that is what matters.











here are a few photos of the things that I finally let go of. And I definately did it in secret! The girls would have had a cow if they saw me throw these things away!






No comments:

Post a Comment