Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dr appointment 11-6-10

We went to the dr on 11-6-10. I had tests run for Candidiasis and for 5 other types of mold within my body. I tested positive for Candidiasis (yeast overgrowth) and for 3 out of the 5 molds. My dr put me on an anti fungal medication that I will take 4 times a day for the next 6 months. He also put me on another med that I will take for 3 months. I will also begin the Candida diet, which is a very restricted diet that eliminates all sugar and all yeast from my diet. It will be interesting doing this.....because I have a major sweet tooth...but, if it will make me feel better, I am in! I have felt sick for a year now, and I am very ready to be better. I will also begin my injections for candida and the three types of mold that I tested positive for tomorrow (Monday, 11-8-10). This is on top of the injections that I am already doing for the other molds and dust. (I have to do dust because mold lives in dust...so I am very sensitive to dust now). I have been doing those injections since August (every 5-7 days) and will start the Candida ones tomorrow. Well, that is, as long as things go as we hope. I have to look at the test sites on my arm tomorrow and record what I see. My immune system is supposed to have a delayed response to the injections that they did a few days ago. Tomorrow, there should be a raised red area. If there is not, then that means that my immune system is not strong enough to handle the injections that I was given, and I will have to have a different vial made. In that case, I will have to slowly build up to the place where they want me to be with my immune system. I think that will not be the case though, because tonight the area is already raised and red, so I would think that tomorrow it will be as well. So, that is a good thing! We hope for that to happen, because that means that my immune system is in tact and doing what it should be doing. If everything goes well, I will start the injections of candida and the three molds tomorrow. I will also begin my antifungal meds tomorrow. I started the candida diet yesterday. My dr tells me that I will most likely feel very ill for the first few days of this treatment. It is called candida die off and it can make a person feel really bad. Candida thrives on sugar and yeast. That is how it lives. Through the meds, the injections, and the diet, it will 1. eliminate the yeast in my system 2. build my immune system and 3. it will starve the yeast and cause it to die off. I will most likely feel like I have the flu for abour 4-7 days after starting all the treatments tomorrow.....maybe not, but most likely. The good news though, is that after that week, I should start to notice a draumatic difference in the way that I feel, and the severity of my symptoms.
My dr also thinks that the mold and candida overgrowth has caused me to have a possible thyroid problem. He wants me to record my body temps this month, and bring them to him in one month for a check up. He said my symptoms lead him to believe I very possibly may have low thyroid. If this is the case, I will go on a thyroid medication for a few months to straighten that out. He informed me that a low thyroid could be the cause of why we lost our pregnancy this past month. Kurt and I will refrain from trying to get pregnant for awhile, until we get this mess all straightened out, and I am not on so many medications. The dr told me that it would be ok to get pregnant with the meds that I will be on, but to play it safe, we will wait awhile.
As far as the kids and Kurt go, they will all do the diet as well. It will be tough to do this with the kids. They are already crying and asking for things like ice cream and fruit snacks....or even something as simple as juice. They dont understand why they cannot have these things that they love and have always been able to have (in moderation) before. My 4 year old is in preschool where they have a snack. I do not want her to feel upset and left out and not get to eat the things that the other kids are eating. It is going to be a tough thing to do with the kids. We will all experience die off, as I said before. The kids die off symptoms will be more behavioral. They may act out, even act agressive at times. There are alot of different things that can happen because of the die off. I just have to remember that it is temporary....understand what is goin on, and know that it is a GOOD THING! It means that the yeast is dying. The kids were already having some die off symptoms today. We have not put them through all the testing, so they do not have the meds and injections as of now. We are hoping that we can get their immune systems to bounce back without all of that. Our dr says it is possible, because they are so young, that they will fight all this off with just the diet change and the probiotics that we all take daily. That is the hope....I REALLY do not want them to have to go through all that I have had to endure. It is hard enough on me, and I am an adult. It would be very traumatizing for them. If that is what has to be done in the end, of course, we will do it. But, I want to exhaust all options before I have my babies deal with all of that. We have been doing the diet for quite some time. Our dr says this is going to be a lifestyle change....not a quick diet we do and then go back to the old way. We will all adjust though....it will be ok. We do get one day a week that we can cheat and eat something of whatever we want. Although, our dr says that it will make us feel so bad afterwards, most likely we wont want to do it much. The great news is that we are getting more and more answers all the time. God is leading us and God is helping us. He is keeping me strong, and keeping me stubborn enough to never give up. He is heloping us to keep on fighting and keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment