Wednesday, November 3, 2010

health issues from mold toxicity




skin lesions from being exposed to toxic molds in our home.
our four year old daughter began to loose her hair due to a fungal infection on her scalp.








fungal infection on my feet and toenails.











sores in my mouth, on my gums. All four of us have a discolored, whitish coated tongue as well.











fungal lesions on my face and body.












these are all skin lesions and fungal infections that we have had. We have also had alot of sinu infections, ear infections, and chronic allergies. I also get these hard knodules in my ear canals. They are painful and they seem to come and go. The resemble the hard knowdule in the photo to the right, on my forehead. I also get the fungal lesions and knodules on my scalp. They are very itchy and they get sore.


It has been almost one year since the mold was discovered in our home. We all still have health problems. Although we are not as sick as we were when we were living in the toxic mold, we all have issues, even one year later. I have chronic allergies now. I never had allergies a day in my life, prior to the mold exposure. When I go outside, just to push my children on their swings, I begin to cough and clear my throat constanly. I feel as if I am drowning on my own phlem. I have had allergy testing and my environmental medical dr says that my body is in a state of toxicity. I am taking allergy shots every 5-7 days for at least 3 years to try to boost my immune system. I have an extreme issue with fungus. I have been through tubes and tubes of fungal creams in the last year. It seems like I constantly have some type of fungal something or other on my body, since the mold exposure. My dr thinks that I may have a yeast overgrowth, which will need to be treated through supplements and a VERY restricted diet. I go in for the yeast testing in a few days. I am taking probiotics twice as day as well, to try to help. I have major sinus problems now, and never had a sinus issue a day in my life, before all of this. I constantly have sinus pressure, and I feel sick to my stomach alot because of all of the drainage. I am hoping that after the yeast testing, we will find out what I can do to help me to begin to feel better. After trying for a few months, and finding out I was pregnant, I just had a chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage) that I cannot help but think most likely had something to do with all of this stuff. Infertility is a big symptom of mold toxicity. I have had a lot of "fuzzy head" symptoms where I do not feel like I can thikn clearly. I also have had memory issues. I forget little things alot....simple things.....this never happend to me prior to this exposure. I suddenly have a uterine and rectal prolapse as well. I do not know if this is directly related to the mold exposure, but I find it very odd that this occured at the same time that I was living int he toxic home, and having so many health issues.
We are alot better than when we were living in the mold, but as you can see, we still have alot of issues. While living in the home, we were SICK. I was so sick that for about a week I did nothing but lay on the couch. I had no energy, and felt like I had been hit by a truck. My body was very weak, and my sinuses and respiratory system were very messed up. I could not breath and I had horrible sinus pressure. I developed an ear infection and a sinus infection. I was getting alot of yeast infections. I constantly had a migraine headache and my vision was messed up. My eyes were red and blood shot...and burned. I felt sick to my stomach all the time. My 4 year old was very sick as well. She had everything that I had, and on top of that, her hair started to fall out in January of 2010. My youngest daughter had several ear infections and sinus infections. My husband also was ill. He had horribly red and burning eyes. His sinuses were a mess, and he had white fungal patches on his hands. After leaving the home, we did get "better", but we still have many things that we are dealing with, even 9 months after leaving the home.
My oldest daughter, is 4 years old. She has pretty much everything that I have. She has sinus toruble, ear infections, and the lesions on her body. She has a problem with fungus on her scalp, and we are having a hard time controlling that. It is really hard to explain all of this to a 4 year old. I just wish I could take it all on myself, so my kids did not have to deal with any of this. My daughter may have to go through the allergy and yeast testing. She may have to have the allergy shots and go on the restricted diet as well. I have been trying to spare her from going through anything that she doesnt have to go through right at this moment. I feel like loosing their home and everything they loved in the home was hard enough on them.
My youngest daughter is 2. She has had several sinus infections and ear infections. She occasionally gets a skin lesion, but she seems to be the healthiest one out of all of us. She was breastfeeding the entire time we were in the moldy home, so I think maybe that has to do with her good health.
My husband has fungal issues as well. He constanly has red eyes, even now...one year after the beginnings of the mold exposure, and 9 months after leaving our home. He has fungus on his hands. He also has sinus infections and has had several ear infections.


6 comments:

  1. I could not believe what I was reading when I found this blog. It was like we were the same family! I am now getting sores in my mouth that look just like yours! We have been going through the same thing and we are all so sick. The property managment company for our rental is coming out this tuesday after I finally said, "maybe I should seek legal advice" We reported the mold back in 2010 and it has grown agressivly the past couple of years they kept sending their maintanence personel out but all they did was wipe clean and off they went. I am so glad you shared your story. I don't feel like I'm going crazy or so alone anymore. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I've been having SO many of the same symptoms for months, but everyone just thinks I'm crazy! My sinuses are in bad shape but nothing like a bacterial infection. So much sinus pressure - even wearing glasses hurts. Burning & pressure in my mouth, burning throat, coating film on tongue, itchy skin rashes, hair loss & breakage, itchy scalp, blurry vision, short-term memory loss. I could go on & on. Was exposed to Aspergillus, Penicillium, & Stachybotrys mold spores in my house. Family Dr & Allergist couldn't help. I plan on going to an Infectious Disease Dr. Just can't stand this much longer! I know my body & hair very well & something is terribly wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detta skulle kunna vara min och min dotters story också. Efter sammanlagt 15 år boendes i 5 mögel och fuktskadade bostäder är vi både svårt sjuk idag. Jag bor i min 5,e bostad nu som haft sjuka hus sjukan mögel. Kommer inte härifrån och det vägrar göra rätt som alla andra gånger tidigare. Inte heller förstår läkare vad man säger eller vet ett dugg om VAD mögel gör mot människan. Väntar nu att få komma till miljö medicin även jag och få hjälp förhoppningsvis. Det är fruktansvärt vad mögel kan gör FY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have to get rid of absolutely every single thing you owned? My husband and I just bought our first house and are moving in a few weeks. We have a 9 month old daughter and I’m am extremely concerned. I believe mold exposure has been an issue for several years for my husband and myself, and now my daughter as well. I do not want to carry this with us into our new home. Practically everything is new and I would HATE to go through it again. But we are financially on the low end and I am really scared we have to lose everything. Including memorabilia things and journals from pregnancy.
    Thank you so much any response is so appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you have to get rid of absolutely every single thing you owned? My husband and I just bought our first house and are moving in a few weeks. We have a 9 month old daughter and I’m am extremely concerned. I believe mold exposure has been an issue for several years for my husband and myself, and now my daughter as well. I do not want to carry this with us into our new home. Practically everything is new and I would HATE to go through it again. But we are financially on the low end and I am really scared we have to lose everything. Including memorabilia things and journals from pregnancy.
    Thank you so much any response is so appreciated

    ReplyDelete